summaryrefslogtreecommitdiff
path: root/src/Makefile_Emile.am (follow)
AgeCommit message (Collapse)Author
2016-08-02build: do not dist now longer available filesStefan Schmidt
Another cleanup for commit dd1d3f0d2d8f7369f7461f54928eac2a4fce99fb. These makefiles are now longer available better not try to dist them.
2016-06-10build: split EXTRA_DIST files in src/ off from DISTFILES and handle separatelyStefan Schmidt
This is again to avoid the "Argument list too long" error we are hitting more and more now. Given we just merged elementary, emotion generic players, evas generic loaders and elm_code it is not surprising we are hitting it again. This time the number of files being hold in DISTFILES has just grown to big so a make dist was no longer possible. If one looks at what the DISTFILES variable from automake holds you can image it grows a lot with all the source files plus generated files we have in tree now. DISTFILES = $(DIST_COMMON) $(DIST_SOURCES) $(TEXINFOS) $(EXTRA_DIST) To cut off a big chunk but still keep all the other automagic in place for SOURCE files I went and renamed the EXTRA_DIST in src/ to EXTRA_DIST2 and handle the files in a dist-hook now. Another thing to note here is that this also only happens as we have the one big Makefile with includes. If we go back to per directory Makefiles this problem should vanish as well. In any case we need a solution for 1.18 now and this is what I have to offer. If you have a cleaner solution in mind feel welcome to test it out and if everything we need keeps working (make, make examples, make check, make benchmark, make dist and make distcheck) go ahead.
2016-04-15autotools: fix make distcheck.Cedric Bail
2016-02-16Test rework #16: EmileVincent Torri
2016-01-07emile: move all eina_str_base64 to emile_base64.Cedric BAIL
2015-12-15emile: fix compilation with --enable-liblz4Hein-Pieter van Braam
Signed-off-by: Cedric BAIL <cedric@osg.samsung.com>
2015-05-07Revert "autotools: enable make check per individual modules."Stefan Schmidt
This reverts commit 35119e7bfdc7c13c2041293f3d0b2ebe1fb7c313. Reverted to bring make check back in a working state. Also the way we want to handle a more modular testing needs discussion.
2015-05-07lz4: Update our internal copy to release r128Stefan Schmidt
Looking through the git log it is unclear which release we used before as nobody stated it there. :/ We updated after the security issues last year so my best guess is that we have something like r119. To see what changed I now included the NEWS file and also the LICENSE file from upstream. Upstream in now hosted here: https://github.com/Cyan4973/lz4 and http://www.lz4.info I recommend STRONGLY that you check if your distro ships liblz4 as an up to date library package and use the --enable-liblz4 configure option to use the system version. I consider making the system version default for upcoming releases and only carry the internal one as fallback for systems that do not provide it. Fix T2374
2015-05-07autotools: enable make check per individual modules.kabeer khan
Currently make check runs tests of whole EFL.Enabled running of tests of individual modules by make check-<modulename> Signed-off-by: kabeer khan <kabeer.khan@samsung.com> Signed-off-by: Cedric BAIL <cedric@osg.samsung.com>
2015-03-22emile: fix build on NEON enable system.Cedric BAIL
T2214
2015-03-17emile: normalize compression header.Cedric BAIL
2015-03-17emile: split headers.Cedric BAIL
2015-03-17emile: initial addition of emile image support.Cedric BAIL
2015-03-17emile: split OpenSSL, GNUTLS and no cipher into separate file as a first ↵Cedric BAIL
step toward module.
2015-03-17emile: add compress/uncompress logic.Cedric BAIL
2015-03-17emile: expose cipher/uncipher block logic.Cedric BAIL
2015-03-17emile: initial introduction of Emile.Cedric BAIL
The intent of Emile is to be the common layer for serialisation, compression and ciphering. It will expose the library we currently use internally to an easier use from the outside (like gcrypt and lz4). It should improve portability. Instead of pushing JSON, XML and what's not to Eina, I do think that they will fit better in Emile. As for the naming of Emile, you will need to be French and say : "Un quoi ?" "Un serializer !" Regarding why it is put there in the stack. Right now there is two users of compression (eet and terminology), two users of cipher library (eet and ecore_con) and a few handful of user for serialization (eina, eet, efreet, ecore_con, ...). So the choice was quite simple, it needed to be below Eet. Now it could have been on top of Eo or integrated into Eina. One of the use case I am thinking of, is to compress Eo object when a canvas get hidden/minized. For that it require Eo to use that library and it can't be a higher level object. And with current implementation of Eo it is perfectly possible to implement such idea. So not at Eo level. As for Eina, I am starting to think it is getting to much things in its namespace. I do believe that infact Eina_Simple_XML and Eina_File should after all have landed in their own library. That's why I am putting the current logic in a new library. It is going to expand, I want it to provide an few SAX like parser for JSON, Eet_Data and protobuf with also an API like Eet_Data to directly feed those value into a C structure without using a DOM at all. It would also be the right place to experiment and benchmark for a new Eet_Data format that could be more efficient to use. So at the end, and due to how I see things going and being used, I do think it is better of in its own library.