|Age||Commit message (Collapse)||Author|
When I first implemented the Efl.Container interface I made a mistake of
mixing "single slot" content API's with "multiple children" content
API's. This should fix that, by separating API's that are for a single
part and those that deal with a list of children.
Efl.Content: Single slot. This will be used a lot by efl_part()
objects, and for the default content of widgets (eg. the window
Efl.Container: Multiple children. Used by lists, boxes, layouts
I didn't see any class that implemented both interfaces (note: Layout
implements Container and Button implements Content, so technically
Button implements both through inheritance).
For now the eo_prefix is not changed in Efl.Container. I wonder if it
should be reset (to efl_container) or not. This would only affect the C
This is VERY tricky.
For legacy, just create an internal class that has both. It's easier
this way. For parts that are handled by Layout directly, we know from
Edje which type to return.
For EO objects we should know from the part name which kind of part we
are dealing with:
- text (overridden by the widget)
- content (overridden by the widget)
- special (new efl_part based functions)
- generic (handled by Layout)
Note: Efl.Ui.Slider was handling "span size" on ALL parts. That's bad...
This is now limited to "span" only.
In Edje and Elementary, we have part objects, which are what is returned
by the interface efl_part(). Those objects can't be of an opaque type as
this doesn't work nicely with strongly typed languages such as C++ or
C#. In JS, Lua, C the types are weak and mostly runtime-based so it
doesn't matter much.
As a consequence, the documentation and the types need to look nice in
this EO API. Thus, we remove the abusive term "internal" and explicitly
call all those classes "part" something.
Eventually we want the types to be declared in the EO file so bindings
(C#, C++, ...) can generate the proper access methods, returning the
best possible types.
Note that right now a few of those part types are used in the legacy API
but don't actually need to be exposed externally.
This is kind of a mega commit that does all the renaming at once, but
it's really just a big sed operation. The power of good IDEs :)