pre-scale a bunch of resolutions for generated wallpaper files that
intersect with common resolution sizes so e will automatically load
the nearest resolution to be more efficient on load to only decode
what is needed. a bi-product is that e now has a wallapper gen
tool that is simpler than writing your own edc files... :)
str(n)dupa are GNU extensions that duplicate a string, using an alloca'd
buffer. This patch removes their definitions from e.h (which should only
contain E's own API, without fallback definitions for libc functions)
which were wrong anyway (they failed in cases where str(n)dupa was an
actual function, not a macro).
Instead, we replace them depending on context with alloca+memcpy+strlen
or a static buffer (used in contexts where we are sure that the buffer
will contain the string entirely)
huge fustercluck commit because there wasn't really a way to separate out the changes. better to just rip it all out at once.
* compositor and window management completely rewritten. this was the goal for E19, but it pretty much required everything existing to be scrapped since it wasn't optimized, streamlined, or sensible. now instead of having the compositor strapped to the window manager like an outboard motor, it's housed more like an automobile engine.
** various comp structs have been merged into other places (eg. E_Comp_Zone is now just part of E_Zone where applicable), leading to a large deduplication of attributes
** awful E_Comp_Win is totally dead, having been replaced with e_comp_object smart objects which work just like normal canvas objects
** protocol-specific window management and compositor functionality is now kept exclusively in backend files
** e_pixmap api provides generic client finding and rendering api
** screen/xinerama screens are now provided directly by compositor on startup and re-set on change
** e_comp_render_update finally replaced with eina_tiler
** wayland compositor no longer creates X windows
** compositor e_layout removed entirely
* e_container is gone. this was made unnecessary in E18, but I kept it to avoid having too much code churn in one release. its sole purpose was to catch some events and handle window stacking, both of which are now just done by the compositor infra
* e_manager is just for screensaver and keybind stuff now, possibly remove later?
* e_border is gone along with a lot of its api. e_client has replaced it, and e_client has been rewritten completely; some parts may be similar, but the design now relies upon having a functional compositor
** window configuration/focus functions are all removed. all windows are now managed solely with evas_object_X functions on the "frame" member of a client, just as any other canvas object can be managed.
*** do NOT set interceptors on a client's comp_object. seriously.
* startup order rewritten: compositor now starts much earlier, other things just use attrs and members of the compositor
* ecore_x_pointer_xy_get usage replaced with ecore_evas_pointer_xy_get
* e_popup is totally gone, existing usage replaced by e_comp_object_util_add where applicable, otherwise just placed normally on the canvas
* deskmirror is (more) broken for now
* illume is totally fucked
* Ecore_X_Window replaced with Ecore_Window in most cases
* edge binding XWindows replaced with regular canvas objects
* some E_Win functionality has changed such that delete callbacks are now correctly called in ALL cases. various dialogs have been updated to not crash as a result
comp files and descriptions:
e_comp.c - overall compositor functions, rendering/update loop, shape cutting
e_comp_x.c - X window management and compositor functionality
e_comp_wl.c - Wayland surface management and compositor functionality
e_comp_canvas.c - general compositor canvas functions and utilities
e_comp_object.c - E_Client->frame member for managing clients as Evas_Objects, utility functions for adding objects to the compositor rendering systems
additional authors: email@example.com
feature: new compositor
removal: e_border, e_container, e_popup
As I've said before, I'm attached a patch for minor bugs in the e17 again.
Please take a look at attached patch.
01. missing E_FREE(wev) if zone is null
File: src/bin/e_actions.c: 1467
Function: ACT_FN_GO_EDGE macro function
null check of zone and wev, it would be better to separate them.
02. dead code
File: src/bin/e_configure.c: 338
03. array buf might be overwritten by "buf[i] = '\0'"
File: src/bin/e_eap_editor.c: 412
04. missing null check
Function: e_fm2_icon_get: 2196
It would be better to check ic->info.file in e_fm2_icon_get
before passing to _e_fm2_file_is_edje because it doesn't check
05. array 'path' might be overwritten by "path[i + 1] = XXX"
File: src/bin/e_fm.c: 4299
06. missing null check
File: src/bin/e_fm_device.c: 468
If the null pointer is passed to e_fm2_device_mount_find,
then it attempt to compare string using strncmp without null
-> real_path = _e_fm2_dev_path_map: this function could return null.
-> sd->realpath = real_path;
07. missing free(fstrip)
File: src/bin/e_import_config_dialog.c: 34
08. missing _module_free(cfm)
File: src/bin/e_int_config_modules.c: 530
09. missing free(class) in for loop
File: src/bin/e_int_menus.c: 1187
10. missing free(roots)
File: src/bin/e_main.c: 1646
Actually only e_win_init function could return 0.
But I've added free to other codes for the consistency.
11. missing null check of 'es->cfg'
File: src/bin/e_shelf.c: 2583
'es->cfg' might be null. please look at e_shelf_position_calc.
12. no ect->category check before comparing string values
File: src/bin/e_theme.c: 387
I'm not sure, but inner if block checks ect->category before
deleting a string.
13. missing E_FREE(wcb) in while loop
File: src/bin/e_widget_ilist.c: 146
14. dereferencing freed pointer 'entry'
File: src/modules/quickaccess/e_mod_quickaccess.c: 583
15. missing E_FREE(trov)
File: src/modules/tiling/e_mod_tiling.c: 3106
Thanks & Regards,
SVN revision: 80231
I'm attaching a patch for some minor bugs in the e17.
Please take a look at attached patch.
01. missing E_FREE(inst)
File: src/bin/e_exec.c: 347
02. missing null check
File: src/bin/e_fm.c: 10173
I'm not sure, but all other codes always check the return
value of e_fm2_op_registry_entry_get except here.
03. missing free(slave)
File: src/bin/e_fm_ipc.c: 804
04. eina_list_remove after free
File: src/bin/e_fm/e_fm_ipc.c :1325
05. invalid check for _udisks_del, it might be _udisks_chg.
File: src/bin/e_fm/e_fm_main_udisks.c : 162
06. uninitialized gx and gy values
File: src/bin/e_gadcon_popup.c: 172
These could be changed in e_gadcon_client_geometry_get
if gcc->o_base is null.
07. unnecessary code 'evas = e_win_evas_get(dia->win)'
File: src/bin/e_import_config_dialog.c: 456
08. missing free(sizes)
09. unnecessary variable output_info
File: src/bin/e_randr_12.c: 560
10. eina_list_remove after free
File: src/bin/e_randr_12_serialization.c : 357
11. no check of the return value of symlink.
File: src/bin/e_widget_fsel.c: 84
12. no evr->var check before comparing string values
File: src/modules/conf_applications/e_int_config_defapps.c: 432
13. missing error message or check return value of edje_file_group_exists
File: src/modules/conf_theme/e_int_config_theme.c: 333
Anyway, I've added e_util_dialog_show if failed. Is it okay?
14. missing index range check
File: src/modules/gadman/e_mod_config.c: 153
It could read negative array index, because return value of
e_widget_ilist_selected_get might be negative.
SVN revision: 80020