This reverts commit db72a84e58.
this whole idea was broken. I blame the british food/water/oxygen/etc. it broke click renaming and all kinds of other things. changing the edc (in latest elm/1.8) is a much better and more effective solution
Before this commit, this would not always be the case.
I added a "scroll to cursor" for every change in entry size.
This is a further fix to T169. It's not exactly what described there,
but it's a similar issue I found while fixing it.
Somehow of a stage 2 for commit 80844cbcd7.
This also adds changelog and news entries, as this issue is now fully fixed.
After a long and hard battle with the gods of bugs I finally fixed
this stupid hang. I had to dig into the gdb source code, and gdb the
hell out of gdb, but it's now solved.
First of all, we should call gdb with -batch which exits automatically.
This however is not enough to fix it. The bug was that gdb was haning
while trying to set attributes on stdin because it was waiting for input.
This is obviously problematic when running in non-interactive mode, so
I had to pipe /dev/zero to stdin to fix it.
While at it, I also fixed the piping of stdout and stderr to be nicer.
buckle up. for the first time in history, a config option is getting removed instead of added.
the reasons for this removal are many, but let's go way back to the beginning and see why it was added:
oh wait, we can't because the commit message (from 2006) is
>> patches that i said were in - commit. (see my reply emails)
>> also finish off a TODO item or 2
reading through the TODO items which were also crossed off in that commit, I'm assuming that this was the "option to NOT raise on focus in click to focus" item.
== REASON 1 ==
the problem here is that there's another, BETTER option called "click raises window" (always_click_to_raise) which does the same thing, except it doesn't totally fuck you when you get a random X focus event, which happens more often than you might think.
this means that, to avoid broken behavior which might cause your windows to spastically raise for a few frames in common cases (using winlist...) with click-to-focus, you have to know that this is the default-enabled option that's fucking you, and you have to remember to manually disable it every time. if you DON'T know that this is the option that's fucking you, and you just see windows randomly raising on their own, you'll probably either ignore it or file a bug, when this is supposed to be a "feature" that actually worked in reverse, since it was intended only for disabling.
== REASON 2 ==
there's also auto-raise, which can be set to 0.0s, which is effectively the same thing since it also triggers on focus but can be configured not to fuck your window stack
== REASON 3 ==
aaand finally, this option makes any sort of pointer focus model impossible to use, since your windows will constantly be raising all over as you move the mouse
tl;dr: I'm removing it, e-dealwithit.gif
this fixes the case where a drag is occurring on a window and the window is closed/hidden before the dnd leave event occurs. previously this would break things to a moderate degree and cause further dnd operations to fail, but now we bravely soldier onward
* border->fx REMOVED, related border api REMOVED
* comp edc has new class of groups: e/comp/effects[/auto]
** these are effects which can be applied to any compositor object through the e_comp_win_effect* api and are written in embryo
*** two types - base and auto - base = manual, for use with animators; auto are "trigger and forget", for use as actual effects
* desk flip transition animations moved to comp effects and FIXED(ish)
* "zoom" effect renamed to "diagonal" for slightly less misleading name since it never did any zooming
* actual "zoom" effect added
* border hierarchy now as follows: cw->effect_obj swallows cw->shobj, cw->shobj swallows cw->bd->bg_object ?: cw->obj, if (cw->bd->bg_object) cw->bd->bg_object swallows cw->obj
** cw->effect_obj now used for all positioning and comp logic
** cw->effect_obj ONLY used for object transformation effects (moving, zooming, fading, etc)
** cw->shobj ONLY for comp visual/non-movement effects (focus effect, unfocus opacity, legacy shadows); this is a candidate for removal/rewrite in E19
* even more comp shape rewrites
* desk flip animation time now controlled by theme since edje doesn't support setting transition time in C; related config value removed
* desk flip transitions (in e_desk.c) rewritten
* various modules (evry/illume2) updated to use comp effects instead of fx offset
* desk flip configuration BROKEN(ish)
* border frame/object now drawn directly on compositor canvas
* border shadows now in border theme with edje hint, non-updated themes still receive comp object shadows FOR NOW
* e_border MOVE/RESIZE pointer mode defines are now e_pointer.h enums
* added BD_CHANGED() util macro for setting bd->changed and printing a debug line to assist in finding places where this all-important flag is wrongly set
* bd->bg_win removed entirely
* bd->pointer objects moved to compositor object; now only one pointer object exists for each compositor
* resizing windows now shows a new and totally-intended scaling effect for window contents
* some additional retooling of border deletion/free callbacks
* fixed lurking potential bug where window could recieve focus from autoraise timer after border had been deleted
* more comp shape improvements/rewrites
* desk transitions are now BROKEN(ish)
* various modules updated to not be totally broken with these changes
* e menus are now drawn directly onto the compositor canvas
* menu theme now requires at least one part which allows mouse events in every menu group (YOUR MENUS WILL NOT WORK IF YOU ARE USING A THEME WHICH LACKS THIS!!!!!!!)
* menus now also report dangling/zombie menus with slightly more accuracy now