Set xkb context and keymap to Ecore_Drm.
In enlightenment (used in wayland with drm backend), keymap is used only one.
So for avoid unnecessary open keymap files, set cached context and keymap.
But for this, enlightenment must compile keymap before init ecore_drm.
So I changed booting sequence also.
Test Plan: Distinguish time between before and after during add a keyboard device.
Reviewers: raster, devilhorns, zmike
Subscribers: cedric, input.hacker, ohduna
Differential Revision: https://phab.enlightenment.org/D3504
(2) e.src(s): add keyboard.repeat_delay, keyboard.repeat_rate into e.src files
As of now, the default values of repeat delay/rate are being set in e_comp_wl.c.
Those values need to be configurable and will be used in e_comp_wl_init().
The limit of each of the values is defined from -1 to 1000. (maximum 1s).
If one of the two is negative, it means default repeat delay/rate are going to be used.
(e.g. delay:400, rate:25)
Signed-off-by: Sung-Jin Park <email@example.com>
Reviewers: raster, stefan_schmidt, gwanglim, devilhorns, zmike
Subscribers: Jeon, ohduna, cedric
Differential Revision: https://phab.enlightenment.org/D3364
after this commit, the new-but-invisible module "lokker" (or other custom loaded module) is in charge of creating all graphics for the lock screen, and it will be added to the user's config. failure to load a lockscreen module will just result in a black screen
desklock subsystem now handles all the pre/post lock stuff while the modules themselves are responsible for creating visuals and calling auth functions to determine whether to unlock the screen
huge fustercluck commit because there wasn't really a way to separate out the changes. better to just rip it all out at once.
* compositor and window management completely rewritten. this was the goal for E19, but it pretty much required everything existing to be scrapped since it wasn't optimized, streamlined, or sensible. now instead of having the compositor strapped to the window manager like an outboard motor, it's housed more like an automobile engine.
** various comp structs have been merged into other places (eg. E_Comp_Zone is now just part of E_Zone where applicable), leading to a large deduplication of attributes
** awful E_Comp_Win is totally dead, having been replaced with e_comp_object smart objects which work just like normal canvas objects
** protocol-specific window management and compositor functionality is now kept exclusively in backend files
** e_pixmap api provides generic client finding and rendering api
** screen/xinerama screens are now provided directly by compositor on startup and re-set on change
** e_comp_render_update finally replaced with eina_tiler
** wayland compositor no longer creates X windows
** compositor e_layout removed entirely
* e_container is gone. this was made unnecessary in E18, but I kept it to avoid having too much code churn in one release. its sole purpose was to catch some events and handle window stacking, both of which are now just done by the compositor infra
* e_manager is just for screensaver and keybind stuff now, possibly remove later?
* e_border is gone along with a lot of its api. e_client has replaced it, and e_client has been rewritten completely; some parts may be similar, but the design now relies upon having a functional compositor
** window configuration/focus functions are all removed. all windows are now managed solely with evas_object_X functions on the "frame" member of a client, just as any other canvas object can be managed.
*** do NOT set interceptors on a client's comp_object. seriously.
* startup order rewritten: compositor now starts much earlier, other things just use attrs and members of the compositor
* ecore_x_pointer_xy_get usage replaced with ecore_evas_pointer_xy_get
* e_popup is totally gone, existing usage replaced by e_comp_object_util_add where applicable, otherwise just placed normally on the canvas
* deskmirror is (more) broken for now
* illume is totally fucked
* Ecore_X_Window replaced with Ecore_Window in most cases
* edge binding XWindows replaced with regular canvas objects
* some E_Win functionality has changed such that delete callbacks are now correctly called in ALL cases. various dialogs have been updated to not crash as a result
comp files and descriptions:
e_comp.c - overall compositor functions, rendering/update loop, shape cutting
e_comp_x.c - X window management and compositor functionality
e_comp_wl.c - Wayland surface management and compositor functionality
e_comp_canvas.c - general compositor canvas functions and utilities
e_comp_object.c - E_Client->frame member for managing clients as Evas_Objects, utility functions for adding objects to the compositor rendering systems
additional authors: firstname.lastname@example.org
feature: new compositor
removal: e_border, e_container, e_popup
buckle up. for the first time in history, a config option is getting removed instead of added.
the reasons for this removal are many, but let's go way back to the beginning and see why it was added:
oh wait, we can't because the commit message (from 2006) is
>> patches that i said were in - commit. (see my reply emails)
>> also finish off a TODO item or 2
reading through the TODO items which were also crossed off in that commit, I'm assuming that this was the "option to NOT raise on focus in click to focus" item.
== REASON 1 ==
the problem here is that there's another, BETTER option called "click raises window" (always_click_to_raise) which does the same thing, except it doesn't totally fuck you when you get a random X focus event, which happens more often than you might think.
this means that, to avoid broken behavior which might cause your windows to spastically raise for a few frames in common cases (using winlist...) with click-to-focus, you have to know that this is the default-enabled option that's fucking you, and you have to remember to manually disable it every time. if you DON'T know that this is the option that's fucking you, and you just see windows randomly raising on their own, you'll probably either ignore it or file a bug, when this is supposed to be a "feature" that actually worked in reverse, since it was intended only for disabling.
== REASON 2 ==
there's also auto-raise, which can be set to 0.0s, which is effectively the same thing since it also triggers on focus but can be configured not to fuck your window stack
== REASON 3 ==
aaand finally, this option makes any sort of pointer focus model impossible to use, since your windows will constantly be raising all over as you move the mouse
tl;dr: I'm removing it, e-dealwithit.gif
In order to move composite inside the core we need to kill the
use_composite option. However in some places it is being used to switch
between ARGB and shaped windows. It doesn't make much sense to keep the
advanced/engine dialog to let the user toggle this options if we have
composite always enabledm, but lets allow the user to shoot
himself on the foot (for now).
Next step will be to move the comp module files to core so user can't
unload it anymore.
SVN revision: 82433
Subject: Re: Re: Re: [E-devel] [RFC] Virtual desktop window profile
I've attached 4th patch. May the 4th be with you.
ecore patch has been merged with efl and all files are based on r80123.
Thanks & Regards,
------- Original Message -------
Sender : Daniel Juyung Seo<email@example.com>
Date : 2012-12-04 01:55 (GMT+09:00)
Title : Re: Re: [E-devel] [RFC] Virtual desktop window profile
It looks ok to me.
Sorry but can you re-generate the patch according to the recent ecore
merge to efl single tree?
Daniel Juyung Seo (SeoZ)
On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 12:29 AM, Gwanglim Lee <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Dear Raster and Daniel Juyung Seo,
I've attached 3rd patches and test_config according to your reviews.
These are based on r79782.
[elementary & ecore]
1. "profile,set" -> "profile,changed" - done
2. spaces after EINA_LIST_FOREACH - done
3. variable type - keep
4. author - done
5. removing deprecated marking in patch - done
6. add elm_win_available_profiles_get to test_config for the debugging
purpose - done
7. check whether a given profile is present in an available profiles.
otherwise window profile will be one of the item
in available profiles. - newly added thing to the elm_win
8. merge with EO - done. :(
Any comments would be appreciated.
SVN revision: 80216