First commit of the new year! (Notice I didn't say the new millenium,
since *that* doesn't start until Jan 1, 2001.)
This should hopefully fix the bug where dead keys would bring up the
SVN revision: 1823
Finally fixed the seg fault pointed out by Tom Gilbert
<email@example.com> back in mid-September where
small Eterms with little or no scrollback would crash when receiving
large amounts of data all at once.
I also fixed a clearing issue with double buffering, and I worked
around a really lame gdb/glibc2 bug that has prevented me from using
gdb with Eterm for ages.
SVN revision: 1804
Oops. I intended to test without multi-charset before committing, but
I seem to have forgotten to do that. Lots and lots of people
submitted various patches for this, but I didn't use any of them. But
thanks to all for pointing out my error. :-)
SVN revision: 1603
I finally got around to implementing double-buffering, although it
seems to still have some issues with font changes. But if you don't
change fonts, it works great. :-)
I also fixed the multibyte font stuff with help from Sung-Hyun Nam
<firstname.lastname@example.org>. There seem to be some new issues here, though,
with the background pixmap. But I'm to tired to look deeper tonight.
SVN revision: 1588
A good number of changes here. First off, since nobody reported any
bugs with the new font stuff, I switched the multibyte fonts over to
use it as well. They do use the same font index, however, in order to
keep the sizes matched up.
I also fixed up the modifier stuff so that Meta and Alt are matched
by KeySym rather than assuming Mod1. I also took care of the action
dispatcher so it would keep up with these changes.
To go along with this, I added 3 new options and config file
attributes which allow you to set the modifier that should represent
Meta, Alt, and NumLock. This overrides the automatically-detected
X server settings.
I also applied some fixes to the XIM code from Sung-Hyun Nam
SVN revision: 1482
Once again, I've rendered old themes obselete. :-)
I added a new config file attribute and command-line parameter. The
option is --default-font-index, but I wouldn't necessarily use it.
The config file attribute makes more sense. :-)
Anyway, your themes will now need to have a line like this:
font default <index>
in the attributes section. This tells Eterm which font it should use
on startup. (<index> is a number between 0 and the highest-numbered
font you define.) You can now have up to 256 fonts. Font 0 is no
longer necessarily the default font; it is the smallest font. And the
larger the font index, the larger the font should be. (Of course,
this assumes you want Ctrl-> and Ctrl-< to increase/decrease your font
size. In reality, you can have your fonts in any order, and those
keys will cycle through them in order.)
Before, font 0 was always the default, and you didn't have much
freedom in rearranging your fonts. Plus, you were limited to 5. Not
any more. :-) The new system is much more straight-forward, logical,
So please be sure to update your themes by hand, or remove your theme
directory before installing this new version. If your theme lacks
the "font default" line, your Eterms will start with the wrong font.
SVN revision: 1344
I've rewritten almost the entire scrollbar. It mostly works, but it
still has issues. I've put an #error directive in so that it won't
compile; take it out if you *really* wanna try it. It's much more
efficient than before.
SVN revision: 1333
Some selection changes and escape sequence fixes. You can now
specify multiple color modifier commands in a single escape sequence.
You can also remove any existing color modifiers using "clear".
SVN revision: 1324
Two more bugs fixed. One, Trevor Powell <email@example.com> spotted
an issue with left-side scrollbars which is now fixed. Two...um...
ahem. Fixed the auto mode titlebar thing. *cough* Turns out I was
doing something stupid with my IPC window (i.e., not having one) that
caused E to ignore lots of events on my window. Oops, sorry folks.
raster has given me the cl00bat beating, so it's fixed now. :-]
SVN revision: 1314
Okay, I've fixed a lot here. First off, I fixed the bug Gnea
<firstname.lastname@example.org> pointed out with toggling Max Size in E.
Turned out to be a symptom of a much larger problem, but it should be
fixed now. Then I corrected the XIM issues pointed out by Sung-Hyun
Nam <email@example.com> and Jerome De Greef
<firstname.lastname@example.org>, as well as a stupid typo on my part that
Jerome happened upon. Next I fixed the bug Adam Lucas
<ALucas@wcom.net> spotted with changing the scrollbar type. While
fixing that, I also fixed changing the scrollbar width. Both
operations are a lot smoother and cleaner now.
SVN revision: 1292