this fixes T444 - the display of text is properly top-left aligned
with scrollbars now actually correct too for the text provided (note
that the preview doesnt put ALL text in there. just the first N bytes
which by default is 2048 but can be changed).
This prevent music player that support the dbus activation system
to be launched at module startup. Instead of blindly request properties
first check if the name has an owner.
As a side effect now the module fully support the dbus activation system:
if your player is not running it will be launched when you click his
name or any of the controls in the popup.
Note: If your player does not provide the autorun feature you can just
create a .service file in dbus share folder with the following content:
...of course you must change the name of your player ;)
Summary: If cserve2 crashes, enlightenment_start will respawn it again.
Start E18 (in Xephyr maybe) with E_CSERVE set.
Randomly kill evas_cserve2 and enlightenment, and log out from E.
I need review for this patch as I'm not sure about all the ptrace stuff
CC: raster, zmike
Differential Revision: https://phab.enlightenment.org/D287
Signed-off-by: Cedric Bail <firstname.lastname@example.org>
After a long and hard battle with the gods of bugs I finally fixed
this stupid hang. I had to dig into the gdb source code, and gdb the
hell out of gdb, but it's now solved.
First of all, we should call gdb with -batch which exits automatically.
This however is not enough to fix it. The bug was that gdb was haning
while trying to set attributes on stdin because it was waiting for input.
This is obviously problematic when running in non-interactive mode, so
I had to pipe /dev/zero to stdin to fix it.
While at it, I also fixed the piping of stdout and stderr to be nicer.
This is a fix to a bug that was happening on my laptop with libreoffice.
When this last one was closed, a segfault was occurring. This was due to
the use of a freed data structure. A pointer to this structure
(instance) was still stored as data of the Ecore_Exe structure.
Now, when the instance is freed, the data of the Ecore_Exe is set to
provide a config upgrade path to version 13 which nulls/frees out
theme config (save memory - but more housekeeping), and that also
copeis ofer all files in ~/.e/e/themes to ~/.elementary/themes so you
don't lose themes you personally have and deletes the old e theme dir
if this succeeds.
also remove all #includes of Elementary.h and Emotion.h from single c
files as they are requirements now and in e.h
also remove theme path vars and code as theme path is no longer used.
now e only uses elementary's theme. this is to stop the bitrot and
forking of e's theme vs the unified elm theme that has everything for
e in it already. this obviously makes elm a requirement of e18 on, and
this also notes that emotion is always in efl these days, so its no
longer an option, and ecore-imf is no longer used as edje does the
entires now itself. in future it'll all be elm.
this is a major unification point for themes for elm and e. this will
need some testing, but everything seems to work day-to-day, but theme
selector is untested.
this also removes the theme selector for splash as that is now simply
unified with the same theme as everything else.
this now uses the system ecore timedate change event instead of a
local timerfd. centralized implementation now.
also it fixes yhe eio monitor to ALSO monitor /etc as well to detect
changes to timzesone and filter down to the files needed.